Monday, September 1, 2008

Cha Cha Cha Changes...

Yesterday at church, I was released from being a Relief Society teacher, which was good. I just wasn't going to have time anymore to prepare lessons, etc. So, it was good, plus I don't really enjoy Relief Society in our ward. As bad as that sounds, it's true. I've been meaning to post about our ward and the troubles we seem to have with it, which will explain a little more about why I don't like it very much.

Anyway! So, they released me, and then in turn called Danny and I to be nursery leaders! I am SO excited. I know most people don't enjoy the nursery with all the screaming kids, etc. But we're in the older nursery class first of all. So we have all the kids who are about to go into sunbeams. Plus, there aren't like a TON of kids in our ward either. Not to mention how much I have been wanting a baby lately, and I'm hoping this might tide me over for a little longer. Probably not, it'll probably just make me want one even more, but we'll see.
So there you go. We thought we escaped it at first because when we were first married and moved into the ward, they called me into the Relief Society and Danny was called as the Choir Director. He still is btw. But nope, here we are, back with the kids, and I am SO excited. I'm sure I'll have many fun stories to tell as we begin our duties there.

Just a quick side note, we had Danny's family down this weekend from Friday night until yesterday afternoon, and it was a lot of fun to spend time with them. Alan, my brother and his friend Colten came down Saturday and we went to the U of A vs. Idaho game...Final Score: Wildcats - 70, Vandals - 0...It was an excellent game, once it stopped pouring rain and lightning, which delayed the game for over an hour. It was a lot of fun though.
My mom, step dad and brother and sister came down also last night and stayed with us last night because my sister was sick and they didn't want to drive from Sahaurita all the way home with her possibly throwing up. It was nice to have them here too and to spend some time with them.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day and enjoys being off of school and work. We sure are!

1 comment:

chlorinemonster said...

lol. being in the nursery may make you want to have kids more ;) hope it helps though. Working with little kids is so much fun!

And What? Arizona won? I saw that the other day. We're not even going to get in to how easy their schedule is this year *cough*joke*cough*

Do you have season tickets?