Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big News!!!

That's right...

The much anticipated announcement that so many have been wondering about for months...

We're PREGNANT!!!
We are so happy and excited words can't really describe our feelings now! I took the test Saturday morning after discussing my increased eating habits, weird feelings in my abdomen, not to mention my being almost 2 weeks late.

I didn't think much about being late because after going off the pill last March (2009), I had only had 3 periods in almost a year. So, when I didn't get one in June, I didn't give it too much thought...until I started having some of these other symptoms.

The timing could not have been better. Honestly, I have been off the pill for almost a year and a half, and since that was our only form of birth control, I technically could have gotten pregnant anytime over the past year. I have no doubt that this came when it was supposed to. It was too coincidental that I went off the pill in March 2009, and then was so annoyingly irregular for a year that it would have been just about impossible for me to get pregnant anyway. Then, all on it's own, my body just went back to being regular this April. Normal April period, normal May period...then no June. I know that Heavenly Father was waiting to send this little baby to us at the right time so that we could put all our effort and attention on him/her and not be so distracted and bogged down with school, moving, etc. I am now completely done with school, we are totally moved out of Tucson, I had an interview for a job as an RDH on Friday, Dan just started a new job that pays more and is much closer to home yesterday...the timing really couldn't have been any better.

I have been waiting to go to the Dr. to make an official announcement to the world, and today was the day. I went and had my first OB visit/exam and it was confirmed. Without having done an ultrasound and just going on dates and what my body feels like to the Dr., I am 6 weeks along due on March 3, 2011 I have to go get blood work done sometime this week, and we go back for an ultrasound/sonogram next Tuesday!!

I cannot describe the feelings I have running through me at this point. There is so much of everything; excitement, happiness, joy, gratitude, humility, nervousness, love...just to name a few. I feel so incredibly blessed and honored to be able to nurture, love and raise one of Heavenly Father's precious children. In some ways I feel so inadequate to be a mother, but at the same time I know and have committed to do everything in my power to raise this baby the best way I know how. I know that if I can do that, He will make up for my shortcomings.

I am excited for this journey in our lives. I know that we will grow immensely from it and find such great joy in starting our family!

Watch for more updates next week after the ultrasound & sonogram! As for now, I'm off to sleep/eat. :)


6 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Congratulations! Being a mother is so wonderful. Hopefully you will feel well and not get too sick in the beginning.

Tiffany said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I remember you asking me how it felt last year and i've been wondering ever since how you were doing. Motherhood is AMAZING. I would give up everything for it. You'll be terrific.

McElprangs said...

Yay! That is so exciting! Congrats! The first ultrasound is the BEST! It's so cool to see this little bean moving around inside of you:)

Tara said...

Congrats Jill! You two will make wonderful parents :)

*Becky* said...

Congrats again Jillian! Where are you guys living now??

Jill Bienz said...

Thanks everyone! We're living out in San Tan Valley, right across from Johnson Ranch. We're way out here, I know. We're just renting for now, our lease is up at the end of the year. We were aiming to buy a house by the end of the year too, but now we want to get one ASAP even more so we can get ready for the baby!