Friday, April 16, 2010

Overwhelmed!

I officially have 3 weeks until my written board exam...

This exam encompasses all the material I have learned over the past 2 years in an 8 hour, 350 question exam. Yikes!

There are around 15 different subjects included on this exam including things like Pharmacology, Dental Materials, Anatomy, Oral Pathology, Microbiology, etc. These are all huge topics that had a semester long class for each one, and now I have to study & remember all of the information for this exam which is 3 weeks from yesterday.

It seems to be such a daunting task that I keep finding other things to do besides studying. Which is HORRIBLE. I have so much studying to do, but I also have a ton of other things going on also which seem to just work their way up on the to-do list faster than studying...

I have a review book that my big sister used and she said she mostly studied just from that and then took a few mock tests online, and that was enough for her to pass. I'm hoping it will be the same for me. I went through the entire Microbiology chapter last weekend and made about 50 notecards to study. I was most worried about that chapter and a couple others, mainly because I took microbiology in the spring of 2006...that was like FOREVER ago. It was also long before I was in the hygiene program and didn't save any of my notes. The next chapters on the list for today's studying include Dental Materials, Head & Neck Anatomy, and Morphology.

Not only do I have this huge board exam coming in 3 weeks, but I have a project for another class due on Wednesday, my jurisprudence exam for the state at the board of examiners next Friday, a final a week from Wednesday, patient requirements to finish in clinic, my clinical board exam 3 days after my written, and I need to find a job, somewhere for us to live, and pack up/clean my house in order to move out mid-late May...

I don't want to sound all whiny, I just needed to get it off my chest as to how much I have on my plate right now and for the next 3 weeks; and how I long for it to be May 10th so I can just be DONE with EVERYTHING and move on to the next chapter in life!

So, if you don't hear from me here for the next 3 weeks, I apologize. I will be back on May 10th!

What does everyone else have going on?

1 comment:

Tiffany Webster said...

Jill... My prayers are with you!! Last year at this time, I was in the exact same boat. My "Master Thesis" Research Project was a nightmare and consumed every ounce of energy I had. But.. I survived and graduated.. and it's all worth it! :) You are so close... hang in there, and in some weird way, try to enjoy it. Cause in a small (but, not enough to go back) way, I miss it. There is something about the feeling of accomplishment you get when you succeed after the long and strenuous weeks of putting your heart and soul into something. Good Luck!!!

ps.. I need to call you, but THANKYOU SO MUCH for the gift card and card, it was SO SO nice of you guys. Thank you so much!!!