Thursday, May 5, 2011

The REAL Royal Wedding

On Saturday April 2nd, I was honored to be a bridesmaid in my step sister Andrea's wedding as she wed her best friend Loren Royal. The ceremony and reception were held in downtown Phoenix at the Sheraton hotel. The ladies spent the afternoon on Friday getting manis and pedis, which I was totally stoked about! Then Saturday we took a limo and spent the afternoon at Dolce Salon & Spa getting our hair done. The ceremony was beautiful and Andrea & Loren looked so happy. I can definitely say that Loren has been such a good thing for Andrea. They complement each other very well, and we were all very excited and honored to share their special day with them.

We were all a little nervous about whether or not I'd be able to be in the wedding; even since last year, since my due date to have Tyler was exactly 2 weeks before the wedding and then the weekend before the wedding I was in the ER with Impetigo...
But all in all, everything worked out. My little boy was born 2 weeks early and my recovery (from pregnancy and impetigo) was much quicker than anyone expected (thank goodness). I was looking and feeling enough like myself again by the wedding that I was able to take part in it as planned. It was also so nice for Dan and I to have time out together again, while my mom watched Tyler for the evening. Everyone had a blast!

My dad's side of the family (from left to right: My brother Alan, my dad, my step mom Ana, Dan, Me, Andrea, my step brother Adam, and the groom Loren)











No comments: