Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Update

I had my monthly OB appt. last week. I obviously had one last month too, but it was pretty uneventful so I didn't really have anything to post about it.

This time, I was finally able to hear my baby's heartbeat again. That sound is honestly music to my ears; I don't know if I can think of a better thing to hear right now. The first and only time I had heard the heartbeat before this was when we had the first ultrasound done, and at that time it was at 175 bpm at 7 1/2 weeks. Last week, at 15 1/2 weeks it was down to 136 bpm. It was so neat to hear and kinda cool to hear how much slower it was this time. All that means is that the baby is getting bigger and the heartbeat is slowing down to a child's rate instead of a tiny embryo's. They said the heartbeat was great and sounded good.

Other than that, the appointment was pretty uneventful. I knew that at my next appointment, we would be doing the ultrasound to find out if it's a boy or girl. According to our schedule of appts. that ultrasound should have been scheduled for the end of October. But, since I am very anxious to find out and we will be out of town for almost a week, and really just have a lot going on at the end of the month, I decided I would ask my Dr. if we could do it in 2 weeks instead of 4. Turns out she's going to be out of town and is getting married, etc. at the end of the month too, so it worked better for both of us to move it up a little. She said the ultrasound should be done between 18 & 20 weeks, and in 2 weeks I would be just a day or 2 shy of 18 weeks. (At my first appt. last month, she said they try to do it between 16 & 20 weeks, so I think I should be fine). She told me to just schedule the ultrasound for the end of the week so I will be just a day or 2 shy of 18 weeks and it should be all good. She also said if for some reason we can't see everything we need to, we'll just do another ultrasound after we all get back into town.

So, the moment Dan and I, and probably a lot of other have been waiting for is finally scheduled! We are having the ultrasound on Thursday October 14th at 10:10 am! Which yes is 1 week from today. I am so excited and can't wait to find out who it is that's growing inside. I'm so excited to see the little human inside of me that doesn't look like a peanut anymore like it did on the first ultrasound.

If you haven't already, and you'd like to, post your vote as to which you think it will be at the top right of the blog. Also, if you're interested, I have set up a baby website where I am uploading all of my baby bump pictures as well as many of the ultrasound pictures and post any new updates about the baby/pregnancy. The website is http://babybienz.shutterfly.com/ if you'd like to check it out.

Stay tuned next week for an update on if it's a little boy or a little girl that will be blessing our lives shortly!

1 comment:

Joan said...

ooohhh!! it's so exciting!!