Monday, September 13, 2010

Promotion!

I received a promotion at work today.

I have been somewhat expecting it, because I knew they were going to be looking for at least 1 person to promote within the first month or so. My boss has asked my opinion on many things and has left me in charge of things many times when he has to leave for a while. I am the oldest employee in the store and the one with the most experience.

So, it wasn't a complete surprise; but I wasn't expecting it today.

I won't have too many more duties than what I already do, which is just about everything. Only now I will make more and will be given the responsibility of opening and possibly closing the store on my own from time to time.

I'm kind of excited. I have really enjoyed getting to know my boss and his wife. We have a pretty good friendship and it makes working so much more relaxed. This job really has been just what I was looking for. It's a great extra income for the extra things we like to buy occasionally. It will also be wonderful when it comes time to start buying baby stuff.

We went to Texas Roadhouse tonight for dinner to celebrate. Then to continue our family night, we went to Target to get me a body pillow for sleeping. Last night I was in so much pain with my lower back, I could hardly move. Hopefully the body pillow helps.

It made for an exciting evening and a gave us a reason to celebrate.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations on the promotion! When you mentioned your back pain I just knew I had to tell you what no one ever told me: every time my back started hurting, it's because I needed a bigger bra. It seriously took away a lot of the pain. My band size was 5" larger when I was 9 months pregnant, so bras made a huge difference in my back pain. Not that I still didn't have it, but it was far more manageable.

The Bunzells said...

yay! Congrats jill!

Tara said...

Congrats on the promotion, Jill! and I think making it through the day is excuse enough to go out to dinner ;)