Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tough Times

I'm not quite sure why this week is insisting on being so difficult so early...

Last night in clinic I had a pretty big yucky situation arise with one of my instructors and ended up getting written up 3 times by 3 different instructors...all for helping one of my classmates and doing something that we've been encouraged to do and have been doing the entire time we've been in school!

I am still so angry about it a want to scream.

Talk about unprofessional! She chewed me to bits in front of my patient (which happened to be my brother), and then neglected the rest of the students and their patients while she filled out my write up form.

I am SO over school, and just really want to be done already. I am tired and fed up with all of their shananagins and their insecurity. They have to get us in trouble and take points off our grades to make themselves feel better.

My poor brother now has to come back for a second appointment, when it was something that could have all been completed last night if we wouldn't have had everything happen that did.

I have to go to work this afternoon, and then back to clinic tonight and tomorrow night...hopefully nothing else happens because I might just go off on someone if they try to go off on me about anything.

This is so unlike me to feel this way, but last night got under my skin so much, and I can't shake it. Not yet at least. Not until I talk to the head honcho instructors and they tell me that I was right in what I did and agree that it shouldn't have happened the way it did. Hopefully that will make me feel a little better...

Thanks for the vent...

2 comments:

chlorinemonster said...

That really stinks. I hope it turns out okay. And that the rest of your week is much better.

The Bunzells said...

Hang in there girlie! I can't believe they gave so many write ups....what did they say you were doing wrong? If I could ask. I even have supervisors like that in MY program...gotta be careful what you say and do...but your almost done! Just a little longer, you can do it Jill! Hope things are better the rest of the week